Sunday, July 11, 2010
Alert the Media! Alert the Media!
Hey - Guess What? My absolutely wonderful, handsome husband (really a short little bald guy) asked me if I wanted to go for a walk on one of the walking tracks in town and we would take our roly poly Bassett with us? Are you kidding? Is the Pope Catholic? So I grabbed my ever present bottle of water, jumped in the car and off we went. We didn't go far on the walk but it was about 10 minutes, which is all the poor Bassett could handle (and me too truth be known). Our town has a players park out on the edge of town with several ballfields and a children's playground that looks like a castle (appropriately named Castle Kingdom) and they were kind enough to lay down a very large, wide walking path - actually several paths - winding around and about the ballfields etc. So - on the way back my husband - did I mention how wonderful and handsome he is - asked if I wanted to start coming out early in the AM - before work??? Did I hear right??? So I think Tuesday AM we will start that program - hard to do it tomorrow as I have to be out of town for work and will be leaving really early. I still intend to make my resistance chair system an integral part of my recovery. You can check out this chair at http://www.resistancechairsystem.com. It is so convenient and hardly takes up any space in my home. If you need to sit while exercising - this is the only think you will need to get the job done:0)! Onward and Upward friends - Karen/Tikki
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey, that's GREAT news! Allen has started talking to me about walking with me, too, but after he works cutting trees, painting, mowing, etc. he's pretty tired. But WE know that regular walking is good for us, don't we? If I don't walk as much as I should my left knee will hurt really bad. I walk a little over 11,000 steps a day just doing regular things along with my walk, if I can get the walking in. It all depends on the weather (due to my lung condition). KUDOS to your hubby!!
ReplyDelete