Thursday, July 29, 2010

July 29, 2010

Medical, Medical, Medical

Today was medical day in Sioux Falls for both my husband and I. He saw his dermatologist and heart specialist. I saw the Dietitian and the Nurse Practitioner to get my first adjustment of the lapband. Actually the rest of this week is Medical too. I had a blood panel done Wed. and will see my regular doctor tomorrow at 9 AM to discuss that and I have a dental appointment at 8 AM tomorrow. I continue to lose weight, slowly, which is good. My A1C is done to 6.6 and all my cholesterol numbers are well within the normal ranges – Yippee! Overall, the Dietitian, the Exercise specialist and the Nurse Practitioner were all very pleased with my progress. The Nurse put in a fill of 2 CC’s in the band for now and that seems to be OK but I’m back on liquids for today and tomorrow. I am now able to swallow all my medications, vitamins etc. without crushing them – another reason to celebrate! So – all things considered I am doing very well to date.

The one area that needs a lot of improvement is exercise. Although we do go for walks, usually on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, I should try to do more walking. I use my Resistance Chair other times during the week but sometimes that is difficult to fit in. There’s another area, too, that needs improvement – I have a tendency to gulp my food and need to constantly remind myself to chew, chew, chew, and then chew some more. And to put my fork down while I eat and count to ten or twenty before taking another bite. Back to the drawing board I guess.

I always get a good report at the dentist – he has told me I will not lose my teeth so that is good. It’s been years since I had a cavity and when I do need work done, it is usually to replace an old filling or an old filling has cracked or come out. I guess I am blessed with good genes for my teeth.

It’s been a long day so I suspect we will both be in bed early. Hubby got a good report at his appointments too. Looking forward to the weekend and being able to actually spend a good amount of time working on my blogging and websites etc. Until later - Tikki

No comments:

Post a Comment