The end of Tuesday already! Yesterday was my first challenge with eating out, out of town. I was at a meeting in Mankato, MN a large City (by small town standards) and soon it was noon and decision-making time. I was with 3 others and we all agreed to try Noodles, a restaurant within walking distance of the meeting place. I was going to order the Chicken Noodle Soup (small bowl) but one of the gals started talking about how good the Wisconsin Cheese and Mac was soooo good etc. etc. etc. So I switched and ordered that. It was quite a bit of food, even though I got the small bowl. Well, my friend was right - it was delicious and before I knew it the bowl was gone - well not before I knew it cause I did take my time chewing (and chewing and chewing etc.) When I got home I checked the caloric count for that lunch - which was only that mac and cheese. OMG - large amount of calories - BIG MISTAKE! I'm counting on the walk over and back to compensate for some of that. I should have stuck with my original choice. So - today - back on track! Unfortunately neither my husband nor I got up early enough to go walking this AM either. So - will try for tomorrow. Now they are predicting rain for tomorrow and that means no walking outside, if that's true.
Trumpet Roll Please - toot, toot, toot, toot, toot, toot, toot: There is something out there to masquerade the awful taste of crushed meds and you will never guess what it is. Plain old Chocolate Syrup - Yeah - Chocolate Syrup - Who Knew!!! Works like a charm - twice a day - 2 Tbsps - well worth the 100 calories in my book. No more nasty taste :-)!!!
Back to that lunch - It was pure and simple temptation and I lost that battle. Now - I could continue to beat myself up for being "weak" etc. etc. etc. and then - since I blew it anyway - continue to overeat the rest of that day. well - that only makes me bigger physically and that is why I had the surgery - to correct that type of thinking and make it possible to become "less" physically. So - that requires an attitude adjustment - getting back on track etc. etc. I think I was able to do that today so I'm hoping to extend my streak to two days by the end of the day tomorrow :0)! Tune in tomorrow for the results. Karen/Tikki
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment