Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Where's the Time?

It seems the hurrier I go the behinder I get. I’m really struggling with finding time for everything. My business (day job) is picking up dramatically and I am finding I have more in my schedule than I perhaps want. Balancing that out with my recent move and the need to maintain a certain level of financial cushion for the business and that gets me thinking I need to work as much as possible. I know it will mean I will fall behind in some areas and it will mean later hours at work. So – how does getting home after 6:30 and sometimes 7 PM affect the dinner hour at home and my diet in particular? This week is a good example. On Monday, my husband was gone to a meeting during the dinner hour. That was OK as I had made some egg salad and had some of that for supper. But it wasn’t a dinner so then I added a snack about 7:30 PM. I am allowed an evening snack. Yesterday I got home after 7:15 PM and he had already eaten, which is good but once again, what to fix for one person. I ended up finishing off the egg salad and about 8:30 PM started eating a snack. So I am wondering if having that snack so quickly after finishing dinner was a good idea. I have some fresh fruit in the frig and perhaps I should have concentrated on that rather than the RyKrisp crackers. Tonight I got home about 6:30 PM and found a bowl of pancake batter on the counter and the small griddle on the stove top. He had already made his dinner, which I did not know. I checked the caloric count for pancakes and determined I could have two 5” diameter cakes with blueberry syrup and still be less than 1000 calories for the day. I made enough pancakes for another lunch or dinner for me and another dinner for him so they went in the freezer for another time. Then about 8 PM I measured out a bowl of tortilla rounds and some peach salsa and had the evening snack and still came out under 1100 calories. So now – here I am, finally finding time to write in my journal, which I have ignored for far too many days now. And in about ½ hour it will be time to get ready for bed. I am usually in bed by 9:30 PM and up about 6 or 6:30 PM and at work by 8:45 AM. And I sleep fairly well – sometimes until 6 AM but more likely to 4:30 – 5 AM and then go back to sleep until after 6 AM. So how does my wonderful loving husband handle my evening snacks? Unfortunately he raises his voice, scolds me like I was a two year old child and then adds insult to injury by sending me two emails referring me to lapband websites – just to prove he is right and I am wrong. I know he means well but there are times when…. Now that I have it out in writing, I can deal with it more rationally and not let it escalate into an argument that will serve no purpose at all. I know I have done nothing wrong and I will work through the negative feelings surrounding this. I was not being sarcastic when I said my husband was wonderful and loving – he is. I would not trade him for anything and I/we are very happy together and looking forward to old age together. Everything in due time. So where does that leave me relative to the time issue – perhaps a need to prioritize, set a schedule, time aside for each project etc. Thankfully there is always the weekend for stuff at home. But still - I am still stuck with the hurrier I go the behinder I get!!! Tikki

1 comment:

  1. Hey, you're doing great, Tikki! Keep up the good work. You CAN do it!

    You can find me at:

    teetonka-myweight-loss journey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete