Saturday, July 31, 2010

Exercise, exercise, exercise

We got our walk in this morning. I have a little pedometer that clips on the waist but I can’t find it. We are pretty sure we walked about a mile though. We took the Beagle – Lucky – this time. He needs the exercise too! Too many milk bones in his fat little tummy. Windom has some wonderful walking paths out at Legion Field near Cottonwood Lake, a small fishing and swimming lake in town. There are four full size baseball fields, one soccer field, a skateboard park and a children’s playground called Castle Kingdom. The city laid out a walking path in and around all this stuff and it’s really nice. There are some small hills etc. but I figured out how to get in a mile without too much of the going up and down. As soon as I find that darn pedometer I will know for sure if we are right about it being a mile. It is getting quite hot out and a bit humid so I doubt we will take the Bassett – Elvis – out later today.

I really need to get focused on using my Resistance Chair though because once winter gets here that will be the end of outdoor walking. Our little town does not have a nice indoor mall where someone can walk in inclement weather. However, a friend said she just goes to the grocery store and walks up and down the aisles a few times – HMMM – never thought of that but it’s a great idea.

Tomorrow we do not have church because of the Jackson County Fair where they have an ecumenical service tomorrow. We will be going to a Pancake fund-raiser for a family in a nearby town. They have a newborn at the U of M hospitals undergoing lots of surgeries etc. He was born without an esophagus and with major issues with his heart etc. They are stretching his esophagus through the numerous surgeries and are almost there. When he reaches 6 months, they can start in on the heart stuff. God surely has a special place for these little ones who go through so much just to live. I hope they are able to raise a lot of money for this family. It’s amazing how much this affects finances – having to be away from home so much and then who watches the children who are still at home while you are gone for days at a time etc. I’ve heard it said these are million dollar babies – I’m thinking more like multi-million dollar babies!

Medicine and the medical field have done so much and there are so many new discoveries and improvements every day. Thinking about all of this – how can one not believe there is a God in charge and providing for us always? Just when things are the bleakest is when God steps in and takes over. His answer is not always what we hope for but he does provide. I’m not sure that Obamacare is one of God’s answers however. Now that comment will surely stir up some opinions :0)! Until later - Tikki

No comments:

Post a Comment